Due to Covid-19, many families have been spending a substantial amount of time with one another. Being a mother, I noticed a lot of bickering and fighting amongst my daughters.
With that being said, I thought it was a great idea to teach and remind them of some great mottos that will take them far in life and in the presence of more than just family and friends.
- Sharing is caring. This is a major motto that should be instilled in everyone. It reminds us to treat people how we want to be treated. If are known as a stingy or selfish person, than other people will not want to share with you.
- Treat others how you wish to be treated. This is a follow up to the first point. Remind your child of a time that maybe in their eyes was not a kind person, ask them how that made them feel. When children can think back to an experience, they are more likely to see your point of view as well as think about how to proceed going forward.
- Communication is key. There are going to be moments where your children may feel tired or are just not in the playing spirit with the rest of the family. That is perfectly fine as long as they are communicating that instead of lashing out towards others. People are not mind readers and need to be told that at that moment, it is not a good time.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Working together is something that most people have to do throughout life. For the sake of social distancing and possibly isolation from the world for a while, let’s refer this motto to chores. The more help you have, the sooner you can get things done.
- Do your best. You do not have to be great or an expert at everything but you must put forth some effort into trying. For you may find many things you dislike and still have to do them (i.e school).
- Practice Self-care. Normalize taking actions that will preserve your physical and mental health.
- Please and thank you. It gets no simpler than this.
There are more mottos that could go on this list. Not one is more relevant than the other. However, all of them can and will help your children in the present and the future as well help with the spread of love.